Innovation and Technology
St Joseph’s College is committed to providing students with contemporary and engaging learning opportunities in a technology-enabled environment.
Students are encouraged to use digital technology as a tool to enhance their creativity and explore new and innovative learning opportunities. The College’s priorities are to:
- engage boys in their learning,
- develop critical thinking skills,
- teach boys to work effectively in a collaborative and dynamic learning environment,
- provide flexible curriculum opportunities, and
- develop in boys the skills, knowledge and values necessary to be capable and responsible digital citizens.
Each student at St Joseph’s has his own MacBook through the 1:1 Learning Program. This program is supported by technology-equipped classrooms, wireless internet access throughout the campus and highly trained staff, allowing digital technology to be integrated across the curriculum in a multitude of exciting and engaging ways.
Students have access to their learning and resources anywhere, any time via the College intranet, which provides a flexible, secure and personalised learning environment. Parents have access to information about their sons’ learning and activities via the Parent Portal.
An IT Help Desk is on hand to assist students and staff with any questions or technical issues they have and to maintain the College’s ICT infrastructure.