St Joseph's College Foundation
St Joseph's College Foundation Limited was established in 1989 to assist in the provision of resources and ongoing financial support for the college. Its particular purpose is to preserve, maintain and develop the College in order to continue providing young men with a high quality Catholic education in the Marist tradition.
The Board of St Joseph's College Foundation acts as Trustee for the following seven funds:
- Ancillary Fund
to facilitate donations for various College projects, initiatives and appeals which, in turn, will be forwarded to another tax deductible (DGR) fund. Gifts to the Ancillary Fund are tax-deductible.
- Building Fund – to develop and provide funds for the structural alteration and improvement to existing buildings and the provision for new buildings. Gifts to the Building Fund are tax-deductible.
- Benevolent Fund – to provide financial support and relief to individuals and families who, due to death, serious illness or other unforeseen events, may find themselves in necessitous circumstances. This fund is currently supporting a number of students from rural and remote areas. Gifts to the Benevolent Fund are tax-deductible.
- Education Fund – to develop and provide funds for the long-term security of the College and financial assistance for scholarships, educational projects, staff development and endowments. This fund provides some residential accommodation adjacent to the College for Boarding Coordinators, as well as the Farrell, Renshaw and Rheinberger Scholarships, and funds educational programs such as the 'Writer in Residence'. Gifts to the Education Fund are not tax-deductible.
- Indigenous Fund – to provide financial support and relief to Indigenous Australians who may find themselves in necessitous circumstances. This fund is currently supporting a number of Indigenous students at the College. Gifts to the Indigenous Fund are tax-deductible.
View the Indigenous Fund's Annual Report for 2011.
Reports for 2006-2011 can be found here.
- Library Fund – to develop and provide for the acquisition of library books, resources, research material and IT support for the students' education. Gifts to the Library Fund are tax-deductible.
- Scholarship Fund – to provide funds for academic prizes, scholarships and bursaries. Gifts to the Scholarship Fund are tax deductible.
There are a number of ways to support the College, and your generosity will ensure St Joseph's College continues to be a leader in providing the highest quality education, opportunities and care for many generations to come.
For information on how to make a donation to the College, please see the Make a Gift page.