Founded in 1881, St Joseph’s is an independent Catholic boarding and day secondary school for boys, governed by Marist Schools Australia. In 2019, enrolment is approximately 1,100 boys from Years 7 to 12.
St Joseph’s College is a dynamic, vibrant workplace where staff are highly valued and respected for the gifts and talents they bring to the College community. Staff are offered many opportunities for professional learning and career development and are well supported when undertaking new learning experiences and acquiring new skills.
As a Catholic school in the Marist tradition, our staff are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Catholic faith values and to set an example for the students at the College.
If you are interested in casual work at St Joseph’s College, please submit your résumé or CV to Mr Magdy Habib, Director of Personnel Services through the online application portal.
To be considered, application letters and résumés/CVs must be submitted through the online application portal. Cover letters should be addressed to the Headmaster, care of Mr Magdy Habib, Director of Personnel Services.
St Joseph’s College (the College) has a Child Protection Policy as an overarching statement that provides key elements of the College’s approach to the protection of children and young people from abuse. This policy is designed as the College’s public statement of commitment to the protection of children from abuse and grooming, and a demonstration of the College’s commitment to ensure child safety in all College environments.
A Child Protection Code of Conduct lists all acceptable and unacceptable behaviours. It provides a high-level statement of professional boundaries, ethical behaviour, acceptable and unacceptable relationships. College environments include both physical and online environments, as well as those outside its premises and grounds when College-related activities are occurring.
Both the Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct are available on the College website. You must familiarise and comply with both the Policy and Code of Conduct. If you do not comply, the College may take disciplinary action, up to and including termination of your employment or engagement.
Staff Benefits at Joeys
- Accreditation Support and Professional Learning Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) counselling service
- Mentoring Program for new teaching staff
- Lunch and morning tea for staff and visitors on College business
- Professional Development workshops and seminars
- Annual research scholarships for teaching and non-teaching staff
- Regular seminars and keynote addresses by leading educators and other professional speakers
- Health and wellbeing program including weekly fitness classes and yoga practice during Term time
- Free access to College gym/weights room with instruction from Strength & Conditioning coaches
- MacBook computer for teaching staff whilst employed at the College
- IT support provided by ICT Learning and Teaching Facilitators
- Free influenza vaccinations administered by College nursing staff
- Certificates of recognition for staff who have served the Marist community for significant periods of time
- Staff Association membership includes invitations to social occasions including staff Christmas celebration
- Salary packaging and novated leases available through preferred suppliers
- Voluntary superannuation contributions and the option to nominate your own superannuation fund
- All-day parking for staff and visitors to the College in neighbouring streets
- Access for friends and family to the College’s outdoor education property on the Colo River
- Access to School Resources Centre (for borrowing books/DVDs/magazines)
- National Fleet discounts through Tynan Motors Fleet
- 20% discount on purchases by College employees at the Tennis Ranch, Gladesville.
Cindy Dekker, Administrative Assistant: +61 2 9816 0912 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Kendra Balogh, Personnel Services Officer: +61 2 9816 0944 / email@example.com
Magdy Habib, Director of Personnel Services: +61 2 9816 0847 / firstname.lastname@example.org